It’s hard to believe but more than a year has passed since the Inaugural General Meeting of the Wynberg Residents’ and Ratepayers’ Association (WRRA).
So now the time has arrived for our first Annual General meeting!
And yes, the meeting will look at what has been happening in Wynberg over the past year, how your money was spent, what has been achieved and what issues are still in the pipeline. That goes without saying.
But here are 3 more reasons why you should attend this meeting
1. Become involved. Do you need a voice to speak to authorities on your behalf, or do you want to speak to them yourself with the backing of other residents? Do you want to be actively involved in the running of Wynberg? Then nominate a person of your choice for the WRRA exco or make yourself available.
2. Help give Wynberg a fun injection. Come and hear our guest speaker, Marcella Guerrero Casas of Open Streets Cape Town, speak on how we can take back our streets in cool ways that provide good, clean fun for the whole family.
3. Meet the Neighbourhood Watch. Worried about crime and grime in Wynberg? Then come hear the Sector 1 Neighbourhood Watch explain what they do and how you can become involved to make Wynberg a safer place, even if it is just to join a What’s App safety support group.
When Tuesday 25 August 2015
Time 6.30 pm
Where Church on Main, 3 Millbank Road, Wynberg (behind the library)
- Welcome and apologies
- Minutes from the Inaugural General Meeting
- Report from the chairperson
- Report from the treasurer
- Election of committee members
- Any other business
- A quick introduction to the Neighbourhood Watch
- Guest speaker: Marcela Guerrero Casas from Open Streets
do you want to add to the agenda?
If you wish to add an item to the agenda under “Any Other Business”, please advise the Chairperson in writing at least 7 days before the AGM: firstname.lastname@example.org.
DO YOU WANT TO NOMINATE someone or yourself FOR THE COMMITTEE?
Then please use this nomination form.
HOW TO JOIN THE WRRA
Only paid-up members are entitled to speak or vote at the meeting. You can become a member by
- Downloading and completing the 2015 membership form and bringing it along to the meeting.
- Completing the form on our website.
Fees for 2015/16 may be paid via EFT or at the door on 25 August 2015.
New members are very welcome!