- Winter Wonders, Kirstenbosch. For the duration of the school holidays, all kids have free entrance to Kirstenbosch! So don’t miss this wonderful programme aimed at kids under 18. Friday, Saturday
- Born in the RSA, Baxter. Fresh from Grahamstown, this revival celebrates the legendary theatre personality Barney Simon. The docu-drama, which was devised by Barney and the cast, is directed by Thoko Ntshinga, who performed the role of Thenjiwe in the original production back in 1985. Friday, Saturday
- From Elsies to the World, Baxter. One of South Africa’s favourite music artists, Donveno Prins, comes to the Baxter with his first one-man show for two nights only. Get to know the man behind the saxophone as he takes you on a journey of what he’s all about. Accompanied by an all-star band, fans can enjoy an evening of great music, incredible storytelling and funny anecdotes that will keep you wanting more. Friday, Saturday
- Bay Harbour Market, Hout Bay. Over 100 stalls providing a social, shopping and eating experience, all with an SA flavour. Friday night, Saturday, Sunday
- Tokai Forest Market, Chrysalis Estate, Tokai. Visit Cape Town’s favourite outdoor market where you will find delicious food, arts and crafts, kiddies’ activities and a wonderful place to relax for a few hours. Saturday, Sunday
- Chilled Market, The Range, Tokai. Lots of good food and drinks, as well as entertainment for kids. Until 9.30 pm.
- Springboks vs. World XV, Newlands. Just one of three opportunities in this World Cup year to see the Springboks in live action in SA. Read SA Rugby’s match preview.
- Goldilocks and the Three Bears, Nassau Theatre Centre, Groote Schuur High School, Newlands. A performance of the classic tale by The Lilliput Children’s Theatre Company.
- Earth Fair Market, Tokai. This weekly market boasts a monthly “First Saturdays” market – expect a bumper market that adds beautiful handmade goods and live music to the usual mix of lovely food and drinks.
- Jolly Carp Organic Market, Retreat. Don’t miss the yummy lamb curry, butter chicken and breyani at this market – not to mention special curry paste with all the ingredients to make two pots of curry. Special this weekend: Medical discussion and wellness talk with Dr Neil Burman.
- Rondebosch Village Market, Rondebosch Library. It’s a small market but the quality is outstanding: get there early before all the beautiful organic produce, bakes, jams and cheese are sold out!
- Lions Craft Market, Hout Bay. Check out African curios, pottery, wire crafts, ostrich eggs, wooden sculptures, second-hand book stores and even pony rides. Food stalls include a Malay kitchen.
- Alphen Antiques and Collectables Market, Constantia. Join regular satisfied dealers, investors, collectors, fashionistas, decor people and just ordinary folk who buy from the market every month.
- Sunday Jazz Sundowner, Wetton. On the menu is international trumpeter Claude Deppa, alongside Vernon Castle, the Errol Dyers Quartet and Little Giants. 021 Lounge will be the host of this live music spectacular and offers fantastic food from the special chef’s menu.