Good news! Francois van Niekerk, Manager: Major Projects for Transport Cape Town, has agreed to answer any questions Wynberg and Plumstead residents may still have about the planned MyCiTi route through the Southern Suburbs.
The Wynberg/Plumstead section of the route is particularly controversial as it entails:
- a new four-lane road in the Plumstead South Road area, and
- a “second Main Road” through residential Wynberg.
Please send us your questions in the form provided below by Tuesday 23 June so we can pose them to Francois and his team.
We will then post the questions and answers on the website. You can also send us your questions in an email to Wynberg Residents and Ratepayers Association.
Once all your questions have been answered satisfactorily, you may want to comment on the proposed route. The deadline for comments is 13 July 2015.
Important background info
- Click here for detailed maps of the proposed route. Scroll right to the bottom of the page where you’ll find a series of PDFs, each depicting a section of the part of the route that runs through Plumstead and Wynberg.
- Click here for an update of WRRA’s stance on the route.
- Click here for the City’s FAQ page on the Wynberg part of the route.
- Click here for more information on how to comment.
Please write your questions in the space below, or email them to Wynberg Residents and Ratepayers Association.