Wondering how to celebrate the weekend this side of the mountain? Look no further – here’s a list of events in Wynberg and surrounds.
- Made in the Cape artisan goods market, Cavendish Square. All your favourite local designers, jewellers and makers of things beautiful will be exhibiting there. Fri-Sun
- Bay Harbour Market, Hout Bay. Weekly indoor food, fashion and entertainment market in Hout Bay. Fri-Sun
- What the EFF by Nik Rabinowitz, Baxter, Rondebosch. Have a hearty laugh at this Capetonian comedian’s politically inspired new one-man show. Fri-Sat
- The Night Harvest BMX and MTB competition, Hout Bay. Africa’s largest dirt jump competition
- Bergvliet Food Fair, Bergvliet. Spend time with your family and friends while they cook your Friday supper.
NOTE The Range Night Market in Tokai is closed as a result of the recent fire.
- Stormers vs Sharks, Newlands Rugby Stadium. The Cape Town team take on their arch rivals at 7.10 pm.
- Barleycorn Music Festival 2015, Baxter, Rondebosch. The annual music festival will feature MacStanley, Albert Frost, Steve Newman Trio, Digby & the Lullaby, Hatchetman and Jennifer Eaves
NOTE The Tokai Forest market is closed as a result of the recent fire.
- Cape Town Cycle Tour 2015. M3. As you know the annual event has been dramatically shortened as a result of the fire and has been turned into a solidarity ride. But you can still camp out on Wynberg Hill and wave at the cyclists as they woosh by!
Click here to see which roads will be closed as a result of the cycle tour.
- Mi Casa, Kirstenbosch. The platinum-selling band is performing as part of the Kirstenbosch summer sunset concerts.NOTE There is no Second Sunday market in Wynberg Park this weekend.
TOP WEEKEND EVENTS ELSEWHERE IN CAPE TOWN tinyurl.com/top-events-elsewhere