Below is a summary of crime incidents in Wynberg between 5 January and 2 February. You can scroll down to see the various maps and summaries or click on the topics below to jump to each summary and map.
- Alexandra Road A Buccaneer boat was stolen the night of Tuesday 13 January. It was recovered and two arrests were made.
- Aliwal Road A Honda motorcycle was stolen on Friday 16 January.
- Mountain View Road A blue Honda Ballade was stolen the evening or night of Tuesday 20 January.
- Sunninghill Road A white Nissan Sentra was stolen the night of Sunday 25 January.
- Pick and Pay parking area A green Isuzu bakkie was stolen shortly after 12 pm on Monday 26 January.
- Bayview Road A Toyota Conquest was stolen the early evening of Wednesday 28 January.
- Waterloo Road: A white Citi Golf was stolen between Thursday night 29 January and the following Monday.
- Victoria Hospital parking area A green Toyota Corolla was stolen on Thursday afternoon 29 January.
- Waterloo Road Seven Toyotas were stolen within two weeks from a public parking lot.
Wynberg SAPS say they are concerned about an increase in thefts from vehicles and urge residents to remove all their valuables from their cars to avoid becoming victims of crime. Property targeted were items in the vehicle visible from the outside, such as laptops, clothing, bags, cameras, cell phones and tablets.
- Main Road Thursday 15 January, afternoon, Monday 19 January, afternoon; and Wednesday 21 January, evening
- Wellington Avenue Friday 16 January, night
- Wellington Walk Friday 16 January, night
- Church Street, Maynard Road, Main Road, Langley Road, Sunninghill Road, Riebeek Road Tuesday 16 January to Saturday 20 January, afternoon and evening
- Military Base Wednesday 21 January, morning
- Ebenezer Road Thursday 22 Janauary, morning
- Lower Church Street Saturday 24 January, afternoon
- Riverstone Road Saturday 24 January, evening or night; Saturday 31 January, early evening
- Wellington Road Saturday 24 January, very early morning
- Aliwal Road weekend of 24/25 January
- Ultra Liquors parking area Wednesday 28 January, afternoon
- Fleming Road Friday 30 January, mid-afternoon
Property targeted were TVs, computer games, laptops, cameras, cash, jewellery, shoes, clothing, cell phones, wallets with contents, iron pipes, bicycles, electric appliances, etc.
- Egglestone Road Monday 9 January, during the day
- Alexandra Road Monday 9 January in the morning.
- Mortimer Road Wednesday 11 January during the night. 1 person arrested
- Prospect Hill Road Wednesday 11 January late afternoon or early evening. 1 person arrested.
- Wellington Road Wednesday 21 January in the course of the day or evening; Saturday 31 January, early or late evening.
- Young Lane Friday 23 January in the early afternoon
- Mountainview Road between Wednesday 21 and Monday 26 Janaury
- Aliwal Road Sunday 25 or Monday 26 January
- Seaview Road Monday 26 January in the morning or afternoon.
- Electric Road between Wednesday 28 and Saturday 31 January
Shops were the main victims in business burglaries.
- Wolfe Street 3 burglaries at shops in Wolfe Street onthe weekend of 17-19 January.
- Main Road A hair salon at Grand Central was broken into over the weekend of 24-25 January, and a liquor store was broken into over the weekend of 20 January/1 February.
- Maynard Road A shop was broken into in the evening or night of Friday 30 January. Entrance was gained through the roof.
1. C/o Trovato Road and Herschel Walk Wednesday 28 January, afternoon. The victim was selling magazines and was robbed by 2 men of R270 cash
Residential robberies with firearm
2. De Villiers Road On Saturday 17 January two men driving a white Mercedes-Benz robbed a man at 12.15 pm just when he arrived home after doing his shopping. They stole his iPhone and R800 cash. The phone was later found in Liesbeek park. NO arrests were made.
3. Young Lane Thursday 5 January, morning
4. Main Road Friday 6 January, morning
Aggravated robbery (weapon other than firearm)
5. Main Road Thursday 12 January, evening. 2 men and 2 women were robbed of cell phones and other property. Tuesday 20 January afternoon: A woman war robbed by a man from Hout Bay, who was arrested immediately after the incident occurred.
6. Wellington Avenue, Church Street, Main Road, Fleming Road Thursday tot Saturday , Church ,Main & Flemming (Thursday 8 to Saturday 10 January, at night. An arrest was made linked to two of these cases.
7. Exeter Road Thursday 22 January, morning: Woman was robbed by a man of her bag containing an ID document and a cell phone. 1 person arrested.
8. Station Road Friday 23 January at noon. Two men robbed a boy of his school bag containing his school books and a cell phone. 2 people arrested.
9. Maynard Road Tuesday 20 January early evening: A man was robbed by two men of R800 cash after he climbed out of a taxi.
SOURCES: WYNBERG SAPS CRIME REPORTS, SECTOR 1 FACEBOOK, PEOPLE’S POST