- Do not feed or support street beggars. Refer them to The Haven. If you wish to donate money, rather donate it to your local church, haven or registered welfare organisation.
- Do not blindly trust car guards.
- Do not leave valuables visible in your vehicle. Lock it in the boot.
- If possible, do not park your vehicle in the street.
- Join your community police forum structures within your sectors.
- Be alert that you may be followed from the ATM or bank.
- Be alert before entering your driveway.
- Do not support prostitutes, as you might be robbed of your belongings.
Report any suspicious behaviour, drug dealing or hotspots to the SAPS at 021-799-1492 or to RiaanBooysen@saps.gov.za
* The Wynberg Sector 1 Neighbourhood Watch is growing steadily – we will publish an update later this week.